PerMix PTS series Plow Mixers, also known as Ploughshare Mixers, is one of our two types of Turbulent Mixer, which are originally designed by our Israeli engineers. The other one is PTP series Paddle Mixer.
PTS ploughshare mixer is so versatile that it can handle nearly all types of materials including dry powders, granular materials, short fibered substances, moist solids with liquids, pasty materials and highly viscous masses.
INSTALLATION AND SET-UP:
PerMix PTS series Ploughshare Mixer consists of a centrally mounted horizontal shaft that rotates within a cylindrical container, plough shaped mixing elements that are attached to the centrally mounted shaft, special openings at the top for feeding materials, flush fitting access doors in the front of the mixer, a flush fitting discharge valve at the bottom of the mixer which is pneumatically or manually operated, and a complete drive unit.
Dry powder mixing: Food flavoring/additives, Sponge/cake mixes, Cosmetics, Pharmaceuticals, Cement, Powdered rubber. Paste mixing: Biscuit creams, dough, PVC pastes, Car body fillers/putties, Sugar/marzipan paste, Toiletry pastes, Tile adhesives and grouts. Mixing of wet slurries: Filter cake re-slurrying, dough, Fiber glass resin dough putty. Wet granulation,Liquid coating of powders and granules,Fat and oil incorporation,Vacuum drying,Hot air drying.
OPTIONAL VACUUM MIXER/DRYER CONFIGURATION:
The PerMix PTS-D series Vacuum Mixer Dryer is a turbulent mixing reactor-dryer. It is used as a high-speed mixer dryer, chemical reactor or, if both processes are combined, as a dryer-reactor. They are used with particular success in agglomeration-free rapid drying, heterogeneous reactions with systems of different substances, extraction, sterilization and in general for vacuum, positive-pressure, thermal energy and comminuting aids. WORKING PRINCIPLES: The considerably superior heat transfer characteristics of PerMix PTS-D series Vacuum Mixer Dryer are mainly attributable to the fact that external heat applied through the contact surfaces of the mixing vessel and mixing element, supplemented by frictional heat generated during the mixing process. When operating at the usual speed, this accounts for 30 to 35 percent of the total heat applied. Heat transfer is not inhibited by agglomerates or layers of material adhering to the internal components of the tank. This is largely due to the comminuting units and the high-speed, edge-sweeping paddle agitators, which ensure rapid circulation of the materials at the contact faces.
- Different mixing elements (paddles, plows, ribbons, or combined tools)
2. PerMix multichopper unit
3. Different sealing arrangements (packing seals, double mechanical seal, Cinchseal, etc)
4. Vacuum filter housing
5. Heating jacket for electric heater, thermal oil, steam, etc
6. Flush-fitting semi-ball discharge valve
7. Special spraying unit for coating
8. Open sidewall for cleaning purposes
9. Pneumatic semi-ball discharge valve
10. Discharge screw
11. Different metal constructions (SS304, SS316L, Titanium, Duplex steel, Hastelloy, etc.)
12. Heated shaft
13. Sampling port
14. Explosive-proof construction
15. Control board, etc.
- Cost savings: The PerMix PTS-D series Vacuum Mixer Dryer combines several machines: less pipe-work, fewer control and space requirements
2. Short reaction times
3. Optimum heat transfer via large contact areas
4. Turbulent mixing by mechanical fluidization of reaction material
5. No dead areas in reactor and the discharge areas
6. The PerMix PTS-D series Vacuum Mixer Dryer can also be supplied with removable mixing tools.
7. Easy to clean and sterilize
8. Long service life through the use of corrosion-resistant reactor materials (Stainless Steels, Hastelloy, Titanium, Nickel Alloys)