Similar Words: Twin-shaft Paddle Mixer, Fluidizing Mixer, Non-gravity Mixer, Zero-gravity Mixer, Weightless Mixer
The PFB series Fluidized Zone Mixer is applied to prepare a homogeneous mixture despite of particle size, shape and density. When the small amount of powder additives or liquid is required to be added into the bulk material, PFB Mixers are able to achieve fast and precision mixing with high capacity.
The basic construction of PFB series Fluidized Zone Mixer consists of single motor/reducer with chain transmission, W-shaped horizontal trough with loading ports, twin-shaft with paddles, access door for inspection and maintenance, and a variety of discharge arrangement. Optional liquid adding nozzles are available to be installed on the top in order to mix the powder material with liquid ingredient.
During operation of PFB Fluidized Zone Mixer, the two shafts are rotating in counter motion. The paddles sweep the entire bottom of the W-shaped trough, and materials are lifted floating between the two shafts (as zero-gravity zone) by the centrifugal force generated by the paddles. At this zero-gravity zone, materials of different density are mixed easily and fast because particles can move freely and randomly into each other, regardless of particle size and density. This results in a rapid and highly homogenous mixing.
SPECIAL DESIGNS WITH CHOPPERS
Although the PerMix PFB Fluidized Zone Mixer is featured by its gentle mixing at the weightless zone, it can also achieve rough mixings with additional PerMix Choppers (Pin Milling Bars) to be installed on the top of the paddles. The PerMix Choppers are two rapidly rotating bars with pins and a stationary shroud, which introduce high shear force onto the materials during mixing to break soft lumps and agglomerates. In this case, a fill level of 140% of batch capacity is normally required.
FEATURES & OPTIONS
1) Intensive mixing with additional chopper
2) Fast mixing, typical mixing time is 10-60 seconds for dry and free-flowing materials
3) Free particle movement at the “Fluidized Zone”
4) Low shear for fragile products that can’t tolerate rough handling
5) Easy cleaning and hygienic design with minimal blind corners
6) Low maintenance efforts required
7) Air purge packing seal for the shaft (Option)
8) Spraying system for liquid additional (Option)
9) Pneumatic bomb door for fast and complete discharge (Option)
10) Special treatment of the shaft and paddles for corrosive and abrasive materials (Option)